Friday, October 14, 2011

Rethinking the Look of Things No. 16 - Open Kitchen Shelves

It's been said that the kitchen is the new living room. I know this to be true from our Christmas Open House events over the last several years - we can't get most of our guests out of the kitchen and into the living room! I've given up on trying and I just move from kitchen to our open dining room/living room area to make sure I enjoy time with everyone.


And the kitchen industry has been listening to this shift in the time people spend in the kitchen both cooking and entertaining. Ordinary pots and pans have become "designer" and dishes have become both serving pieces as well as art to be hold.

So I'm rethinking the look of open kitchen shelves which used to be reserved for the gourmet chef's kitchen.






Image Sources: Decor Pad, Traditional Home, Architectural Digest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...