Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Garden Design No. 23 - The Garden Gate




Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence.
-Henry David Thoreau





I believe beyond a garden gate one such path exists. I think my love for a beautiful garden gate comes from my love of secret passages in a home. I love wonderful secrets. What wonderful secrets a garden gate holds while closed.



What a delight the anticipation when you approach a garden gate and the delight you experience when you open it. 



Whether the tucked away secret is a garden with a walking path or a relaxing seating area for good friends the garden gate is a welcome entrance. 





The interruption of a fence or brick wall with a garden gate is fun! And the style, shape, color, iron or wood adds your personality. Rock it out! Show that personality!








Just when I think I have found my dream "some day" garden gate I come across another beauty!









Imagine giving directions to your home..."and when you come to the prettiest garden gate you ever saw...".



Image Sources: Atlanta Home, Central Virginia Home Magazine, Leith Hall Garden, Pinterest, Tumbler, Fence Workshop, Victorian Ruralist





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...